Be Part of Something Great
Our power comes through our members and larger community
BOP emphasizes the importance of developing a base of Black leaders who can have influence over the decisions that our communities are most impacted by. Being a membership-led organization means our members participate in every aspect of the organizing. We have teams and committees that are made up of BOP members who have, or wish to develop a particular skill. From event planning and outreach to the development of our organizing strategy, BOP members take the lead.
BOP is a real opportunity to build relationships with the people in your community.
Black Organizing Project invests in the development of Black leaders who can think critically about the conditions that impact our communities and create innovative solutions for change.
The benefits to being a BOP member:
- Belong to a large network of people committed to social justice and building a healthy Black community
- Access to BOP membership meetings and member-only political education workshops
- Have your story or article published in the BOP newsletter
All BOP members are required to make a monthly contribution to help support and build the organization.
- General BOP Membership (over 18 years old): $10 per month (or more if able)
- Youth BOP Membership (12-24 yeras old): $3 per month
- Family BOP Membership (3 or morepeople in your household are members): TBD
- Baby BOP Membership (0-11 years old with a BOP member relative): FREE